Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Boredom Sets in So Easily

I haven’t been working since about a week before my surgery. I won’t be going back to work for at least six more months. The idea of taking eight months off of work would have been so appealing to me back in July – back when I was working and hated my job and my life. I would go back to that in a heartbeat. It’s amazing how things can change and how a cancer diagnosis puts everything into perspective. I’m not trying to throw a big pity party for myself though. There is always a silver lining – even in a situation like this. I have realized how many people care about me and have reached out and offered their support. One wall of my bedroom is covered by about 100 get well cards. I now know on days that I feel all alone, I am alone by choice because there are so many people out there that I could call. The card wall is a constant reminder of that.

That was a total tangent from where I was headed with this post. I’m trying to figure out how to fill my time since most of my responsibilities have disappeared. Any book or movie recommendations are welcome. I’ve started a couple of craft projects and my mom is sending me a complicated jigsaw puzzle. Any other ideas??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home