Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Let's Hear It For More Injections!

I have another week off from treatment. My white cell count was too low when I went in yesterday morning. This throws my schedule off because I'm supposed to have a CT scan on February 28. It will have to be postponed since I'll have treatment the day before. I don't think I can have the scan while I'm still hooked up to the pump. Plus, I don't think that I could handle the barium sulfate smoothie the day after treatment. It made me feel sick the first time and I hadn't even had chemo yet.

The twice daily injections have to continue for now. Although my blood has thinned to the point that I'm bruising more easily and I have had a bloody nose, it is not even close to thin enough. "Normal" is 1.0. I need to get to 2.0. I can stop the injections at 1.5. I am at 1.2. UGH!! So we've upped my dosage of coumadin and will continue the injections. I have to go in Friday to get another blood test done. At least I already have an surgical follow-up Friday, so it's not going to be an extra trip... always find that silver lining.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there Christy,

    Sorry you are waiting around until the 28th. It would seem that your mission to get done will just have to take a bit longer. I hope you know you have a ton (I know my weight) of people pulling for you and while you may not always hear us we are still there. Trying to figure out how to be supportive without being too nosey. Ah heck, we're real nosy anyway and definately appreciative for the blogs. It's great to hear of your friends involvement as you don't want to spend too much time figuring out what's happening to the TV listings. Enjoy the Winter Olympics (are those skiers cute?)

    Take care,
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Phil Marple

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Debra said…

    Christine,

    We were pointed to your blog by Denise over at BlogHer. I love that you are so positive in this rather trying time.

    Good luck to you.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Christy!
    I have been reading your updates, and oddly enough (considering the crap you're going through), I find them very funny and entertaining.... Seriously! You have gots to write a book filled with your witticisms (okay, so I don't remember how to spell "witt", and the word I made up most likely would not qualify in Scrabble -- but it works somehow)! Take care please! Love, Mandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home