Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 30th birthday. Yea! I'm gettin' old! (Not really - I'm actually excited to be turning 30.)

This morning I received an email from my oncologist saying that the blood test I had done yesterday didn't work. The phlebotomist didn't draw enough blood. So I have to get it redone. I think he wanted me to come to the hospital this weekend and do it, but it's my birthday and I don't want to worry about it. So I'll go on Monday and have it done. I've had it done late before so it's not the end of the world.

Tonight there's a party to celebrate - my birthday, not the messed up blood draw. It should be a lot of fun - the party, not the messed up blood draw.

I'm off to get a frou frou coffee drink and do a little shopping. Yea birthday money!!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Happy Birthday!!! Hope your party is a blast--can't wait to hear about it... :)

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.childrencomefirst.com/animations/happy-birthday-cake-balloons32586690.gif&imgrefurl=http://amazon707.wordpress.com/2007/03/&h=350&w=350&sz=312&hl=en&start=5&tbnid=4-_rrfCH-OoDLM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhappy%2Bbirthday%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dstrict%26client%3Ddell-usuk%26channel%3Dus%26ad%3Dw5

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said…

    Happy Birthday!!!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christine,

    Happy belated birthday to you and many many more.

    I hope that everything is great with your blood test.

    Love,
    Mirjana

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger KL said…

    Happy Birthday, Christine!

    I knew the big 3-0 was coming up for you, but I was in New Zealand on your actual birthday... hence this is a belated congratulatory note. Hope it went well and welcome to your thirties! ( far superior to the twenties...I'm finding...)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Rob Pollock said…

    Belated Happy Birthday Christine,
    I found your site through the cancer ring. Great site. I'm a stage 4 survivor too. Enjoy your summer and good luck with Grad School.

    Rob

    "A Cancer Journal" www.rob-pollock.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home