Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sometimes You've Just Got To Laugh

While waiting for Dr. W at one of the many appointments that I've had, I was telling Jim that in many instances the classification colorectal cancer is used instead of colon cancer. I, however, always refer to it as colon cancer. Why? Because I can't say colorectal cancer without laughing. Shortly after I finished explaining this to him, Dr W came in. Within thirty seconds, he used the term colorectal and I sat there with a stupid grin on my face, clenching my teeth together to keep from laughing out loud. I must have looked like an idiot.

Last night I was watching a rerun of "Family Guy." A doctor was telling Rudolph that a malignant tumor caused his nose to be red. Rudolph asked him, "Is it a magical Christmas tumor?" I really want to ask at my next appointment if I have a magical Christmas tumor.

Quite a few different people have accompanied me to my treatments (Thanks Mom, Robert, Jim, Phil and Ragan!). Had I had the forethought, I would have been telling the nurses the guys didn't know about one another and asking them to keep quiet about it. I could have gotten myself quite the reputation at the UCLA Cancer Center.

When I ran the spell check on this post, it suggested that I change "colorectal" to "colorist." Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home