Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Future Plans

I've received a number of questions about my graduate school plans. Many people have assumed that I would delay starting school under the current circumstances. This is not that case. I plan to begin school at the end of September just as I intended. I have discussed this with my oncologist. There is only a small amount of disease that we are fighting right now and Dr. W see no reason why we can't aim to be done with chemo prior to the start of classes. So I'm moving full speed ahead with my plans!

I have a couple of vacations planned before classes begin. At the end of the month, I will be in Las Vegas having a reunion with a bunch of my college friends. Then the first week in September, I'm going home to Omaha to visit my family which as of a few hours ago is one person larger! My niece, Isabelle Christine, was born at 12:37 pm today. Congratulations to my brother and his wife! I'll be in town to meet my new niece and to celebrate her sister's first birthday. I'm really looking forward to it.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christine,

    I wish you all the best, strong health and power!

    With respect,
    Fart Fart

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Congratulations, Auntie Christine!!!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger KL said…

    Going ahead with the school plans is an excellent idea...good for you!!! I hope you enjoy your time in Vegas ( & Omaha) and congrats on being an aunt!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Hope you are having a blast in Vegas, baby, Vegas! :) Can't wait to catch up when you get back!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger thedurovcircle said…

    Hey Christine, is it possible to contact you directly? My mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to her liver...

    I'd like to ask you a few questions, if that's ok.

    thanks,
    david

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    David,

    I can be contacted directly at
    ccsucks at gmail dot com

    Christine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home