Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Can They Take Away My Degree For This?

I attended an all-women's college - yes, all-women's college, not all-girls school... Feminism 101, Freshman year. Whether intentional or not, my experience in college instilled me with certain tendencies and a perspective that could be described as Femi-Nazi. I only bring this up because I am concerned. In recent months, I have been the target of a fair amount of sexist jokes. It is rare that a day goes by where I don't get accused of "bad womaning" or get praised for "good womaning." I am concerned because I wonder if they - "they" being the administration of my alma mater - would take away my degree if they heard the harassment to which I regularly am exposed. Perhaps not for the exposure, but maybe for the complacent attitude that I have adopted. I must just feel guilty for not fighting back. I'll have to work on that.

I hate to explain this, but since I know sarcasm doesn't always translate well in the written form, please don't take this too seriously. I'm only bringing it up because I threatened to post about the "bad womaning" comments that I have been getting for months.

I added a new link to a blog that my friend Kristen pointed out (BSC Headquarters). I don't know that I have any Baby-Sitters Club fans reading this, but if you were a fan, definitely check out this blog. I only wish that I had thought of doing it!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you have found your calling with these little quips you write. You certainly have tapped into the innermost thoughts of Jack Handy. You should think about writing your own "Deep Thoughts" book. You could borrow Chris'nickname since it is after mom's maiden name and call your book "Deep Thoughts by Christine Hando." It has a ring to it.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you both!!! You always manage to keep me laughing

    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home