Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm Finally Home

Yes, I have actually been in the hospital recovering from surgery for the last 28 days. There were a number of complications - almost all minor, yet they couldn't release me until they were taken care of. I'm exhausted and I promise that I will post more details later, but for now I need to rest. I am doing really well. My liver function numbers are normal and it has already started to regenerate. They were also able to remove all the cancer so I should but without evidence of disease.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Yay--they finally let you go home! Hooray for comfortable beds and real food. :)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YIPPPEEE!

    Welcome back Christine. I'm so glad that the news is good. Sounds like it has been and exhausting and challenging month. Take care.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations...I've been watching your blog with anticipation that all went well. I hope all continues to go well for you.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you know how much you rock and kick ass?! I so admire your inner strength and the fact that there seems to be nothing that can phase your sense of humor (that "cabin fever" joke was pretty funny...not to mention the one your mom told me about Jim offering you part of his liver, and you responding "I don't want your liver -- it's too damaged"....The truth has never been funnier!) Also, I really do think you need to name your liver, being as it is growing inside you -- do you ever feel it kicking? i know, I'm a dork....Well, take care!
    Love,Mandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home