Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Conversations With Myself

I finished my first round of my new chemotherapy two weeks ago today. I'm supposed to take the pills twice a day for two weeks and then I get one week off.

But wait, Christine, shouldn't you have started the second round a week ago?

That's quite an astute observation. Yes, I was scheduled to start the second round last Wednesday; however, my platelet count was low so my oncologist recommended that I take an extra week to recover.

But wait, Christine, doesn't that mean you should start the second round today?

Wow, you are an observant one, aren't you. Yes, I should have started the second round today; however, I had a blood test done yesterday and lo and behold, my platelet count is still low.


But wait, Christine, when will you get to start the second round? I don't like it when they mess around with your carefully planned schedule.

I'm not sure why you insist on starting with "but wait, Christine" every single time you open your mouth, but I do appreciate someone understanding how much I hate having my schedule messed up. At this point, I do not know when I will start the second round. I have to go back in tomorrow for another blood test.


But wait, Christine. . . oops, sorry! Habit. You really are an amazing person to put up with all of this crap.

I know.


Link for the day:
Bad News Hughes Diary of Manly Adventure

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I'm not getting your posts in my email anymore--are you still doing the subscription thing? Or am I just not good enough for you? Tell the truth...

    K
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home