Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Friday, December 05, 2008

I Hate Xeloda

I haven't posted in a long time. I have a lot of reasons and I truly have intended too, but, you know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Well, I'm back now and I may be making a few changes to this blog in the next few weeks and I should be ready to unveil my new website by the end of the year!

Health update: I've felt great the past few days, but I have been on chemotherapy since July. This time I've been taking Xeloda with Avastin. Xeloda has been very trying. It makes me sick to my stomach, takes away my appetite, and gives me horrible headaches. I had a PET/CT scan on Wednesday and I will get my results on Monday. I'll find out then whether it's been working or not. In the last two scans, the only evidence of cancer was in a few swollen lymph nodes.

School and advocacy work have been keeping me busy. I was named to the C3 Grassroots Action Committee which I am very excited about. I'll be going to C3's Call On Congress at the end of March (and then on to a vacation in Savannah, GA).

Finals are next week so I have some studying to do.

10 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I’ve been taking Xeloda since May. After a couple months my oncologist dialed down my Xeloda dose to head off complications. The lining of my stomach was thicker then they liked. My palms and soles turned waxy. The blistered were annoying. Things got better when we lowered the Xeloda dose.


    Hold Fast

    Don MacLeod

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said…

    It is soooo good to hear from you again. It sounds as if you are doing ok... My cancer unfortunatley has returned after three years of remission, and I'm currently in the hospital for treatment. It's so boring...

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I changed from Xloda back to 5FU, it is much better...side effects. Sue

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christine, my nephew was diagnosed with colon cancer when he was 17, he is now 19 and was told that there is nothing that the doctors can do for him. He lives in South Africa, do you have any suggestions for new drugs that he can try, thanks

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Dennis Pyritz, RN said…

    Great blog! I added you to my blogroll, Cancer Blog Links at www.beingcancerr.net
    Take care, Dennis

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just found your site. Hope all is well. I was dx'd with stage 4 colon cancer with mets to Liver in March 2009. Still learning and dealing with weekly chemo

    www.peggluckey.blogspot.com

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger PythonFan said…

    I like your blog.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christine,

    Just writing to check in on you. I'm a stranger and found your blog a year ago, after a friend's stage IV colon cancer diagnosis.

    Sending you many good thoughts and hugs.

    jg in the ie

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Don MacLeod said…

    Thank you Christine...

    Hold Fast & God Bless
    Don MacLeod

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi,gotdiagnosed on my bday 2008,now a year and a half later just got done with treatment feeling pretty good, not out of the woods yet though.everyone stay strong!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home