Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Anything to Avoid My Homework

It's going to be a crazy week. I was supposed to get so much done this weekend since I had three days. Saturday, I felt like I was coming down with another cold. Sunday, I did some work, but everything seemed to take 3-4 times longer than I was expecting it to. Today, I was having the same problem and somehow the day just got away from me.

Last week I was unable to attend almost all of my classes because of chemo side effects. My last treatment really knocked me out. I could barely get out of bed. The cumulative effects, especially the fatigue, are awful. Ideally my last treatment will be my last treatment for a while. On Thursday evening, I am having an MRI done. We're doing an MRI instead of a CT or a PET/CT scan at the request of the interventional radiologist to get the more detailed picture. I am still a potential candidate for RFA (radio frequency ablation). I'll meet with my oncologist next week to go over the results and discuss my options.

On Friday afternoon, I went in for an urgent care appointment because I have a sore throat that will not go away. I was on antibiotics for 10 days, but that didn't make it go away. Well, they don't know what is causing it. They did a throat culture and I am going back in on Thursday morning to see my primary care doctor to get the results. I really hope that something turns up on the culture because my voice sounds scratchy and it hurts to swallow, to cough, or sometimes even to talk.

I'm falling asleep at the computer now so I guess I should go to bed. The rest of my homework will have to wait until morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I'm so sorry to hear that you've been that sick! It has been a nasty winter for colds, and I imagine it's even worse when you have chemo on top of it. Hope you feel better soon -

    Kristen
    xoxo

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you feel better soon! Thank you for so openly sharing your journey. Your strength is inspiring.
    Kari

     

Post a Comment

<< Home