Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Sunday, December 20, 2009

FIVE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS

It's hard to believe that Christmas is just days away. It seems like the days have flown by yet in some ways it feels like my life is just standing still. I found myself doing so many things in preparation for Christmas. The other day I started thinking about all the things I have done and realized that I have been just trying to keep busy, busy, busy. I did a lot of my shopping online because it was so much easier. In the stores I kept seeing things I knew that Christine would have liked. Either she was so easy to please or she just liked everything!

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone. See you next year.

Jan
Christine's mom

4 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never posted here but followed Christine's website after my mother was diagnosed for the colon cancer (2nd time). I'm sorry for your loss and can't imagine how much you miss your daughter. I pray that God keeps his arms wrapped around you and helps you find peace until you see your daughter again.

    Pam, VA

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Mandy said…

    I did the same thing, Jan! I would see something funny at the store, and I'd want to call Christy and tell her about it....Christmas was always funner when she was around to share it with. I miss her so much...

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cancer took my mother and now my sister. I refuse to consider my odds. In the process of healing I came across your daughter's story - From one family member to another - perhaps a smile:

    http://thoborneonangelswings.blogspot.com/2010/01/before-2008-ar-anno-relocation-to-west.html

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Marsha said…

    I have read Christine's story over and over again, I have my own blog which was inspired by Christine's:

    http://coloncancerstageiv.blogspot.com/

    I wanted to let you know how much information I got from Christine's blog and how much it has helped me learn about my own journey through this terrible disease.

    I have also pointed other people here to learn and to understand and I know it has helped.

    I know it has to be so hard on you with her gone but I know in my heart she is without pain and without stress and worry and I hope when it is my time that I go with such grace and with at least one wonderful person, my Tom, with me as she had her family and friends.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers this day as in all days.

    Thank you for the updates and the courage to continue them.

    Sincerely,

    Marsha, Colon Cancer Stage IV metastasized to lungs and liver with KRAS mutation, going on a year and six months since diagnosis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home