Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Christy,

Thirty four years.......I remember the first time I saw you. You looked just like I had dreamed. You were such a happy baby. You first smiled when you were just a few days old. My sister told me that it was gas but I new it was actually a smile because when you smiled, your whole face would smile. When you were old enough to stand in your crib, I would come in your room in the morning and you would bounce up and down and just laugh. One of your favorite things to do was sit under the kitchen table. I'm not sure why but it always made you laugh. We went on a camping trip for your first birthday. You were still learning to walk on your own. So your dad and I spent two days bent over holding your hands so you could walk. On that trip, you were up and ready to go at 4 AM because it was so light outside. You brought so much joy into our lives.

We are staying at the lake right now and we had some interesting things happen early this morning around 3 AM. First your dad's phone played music twice, so he got up to check his phone and there weren't any call or messages. Shortly after that my phone played music three times so I got up to check my phone. Same thing, no calls or messages. Then this morning when I got up there were M&M's laying on the table. When your dad got back from golfing, I asked him if he had put the M&M's on the table and he said no. Now I'm not saying you did this but you have to admit that this is very strange and something you would get a great kick out of doing. I can almost hear you laughing. If you did do this, thank you. It has made today much easier.

I miss you so much.

Love,
Mom

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Mandy said…

    It was definitely her...unless you still have that little house elf crashing at your cabin? ;-) I miss her, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home