Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Monday, October 25, 2010

Time Warp

Kristen here, finally chiming in...

If Christy were still living in her apartment in LA, one thing I know we would be talking about constantly is GLEE! She would have loved the show so much, with its fabulous show tunes, fun dance numbers and hilarious dialogue. The show has made me think of her even more this season, as the Gleeks sing numbers from the 90s and other nostalgic songs.

When we were teenagers Christy and I used to drive around Bellevue, NE, bopping along to whatever was on the radio or mixtape we had in the cassette player. We loved entertaining the people stopped next to us at red lights with our car dancing, and one of my favorite things was Christy's rendition of "What If God Was One Of Us." I wish I could describe it for you here, but it loses something in translation. Suffice to say she always cracked me up with that one and I still get the giggles thinking about it.
Hearing it sung during the "Grilled Cheezus" episode brought simultaneous laughter and tears as I tried to explain the story to my husband and replicate her awesome dance.

Another of her very favorite shows in high school was Rocky Horror Picture Show - she loved, loved, LOVED the character Columbia and especially loved the song "Time Warp," which was harder to car-dance to but extra fun to act out anywhere there was a tape player. When I saw the preview for this week's episode, I couldn't help but think how much she would love this too!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Mandy said…

    I was smiling the whole episode! Christy would have LOVED that!

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Expat Life and Style said…

    Hi, just came across this blog. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in Jan this year after undergoing emergency survery. It seems the tumour was 15cm & had totally blocked the bowels and part of the intestine. It has also spread to some lymph nodes. My surgeon was totally happy with the operation saying he's sure the cancer was completely removed.

    I not only had a colostomy but have had long treament of chemo & radiotherapy. Now, after PET scans etc and shadows originally showing on the lungs and liver. I have been given the all clear and hope to be seeing my surgeon again very soon with the possibility of a colostomy reversal.

    It's been almost a year since I first got seriously ill. I knew for many years I had problems and was told 10 years ago I had IBS! No wonder the tumour was so big.

    That was when I lived in the UK and despite problems have been living in Spain now for 7 years. All that time I had cancer and did not even know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home