Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Friday, April 21, 2006

Taking a Bite Out of the Big Apple

So what did I do while I was in New York? Hmmm... where do I start?

On my first day in NYC, Jen took me shopping. We went to really fun stores like Flight001 and MXYPLYZYK. We had a late lunch and then headed over to the Guggenheim. They had an exhibit of Kandinsky paintings that I really wanted to see. We lucked out and got there about 20 minutes before they opened for "pay what you can" evening. The display was smaller than I expected but I really enjoyed it anyway. Tim, Jen's fiancee, joined us after that and we went out for a delicious italian dinner at Supper and then hit a couple of really cute bars. Then we headed to Magnolia Bakery for their famous cupcakes.

Saturday, we got up early - meaning 9 am - and headed to downtown Manhattan to get half-price tickets to a broadway show. We figured that we'd be in line for a while, but it only took about 30 minutes. Then we grabbed some lunch on our way to see the Statue of Libery. Unfortunately, the line to take the ferry to the statue was literally the longest line that I had ever seen. I never did see the beginning or the end. So rather than waste an entire afternoon, we took the free Staten Island ferry ride to get a closer view of Miss Liberty.



After our ferry ride, Jen took me back to Brooklyn to check out her wedding dress and do some more shopping. We got some yummy cookies from a cute little bakery and yummy chocolates from Jacques Torres. Then we headed back to Manhattan and went to dinner at a great Thai/Asian fusion restaurant and afterwards saw an improv show at the Upright Citizens Brigade.

On Sunday, we had brunch in Brooklyn, then headed out to see Sweeney Todd on Broadway.



It was great. Patti LuPone and the rest of the cast were awesome. I was really glad that we picked that show to be my first Broadway show! After the show, we walked up 5th avenue to Central Park. We picked up food and since it was such a beautiful day, we had a picnic in Central Park.



I was a great way to end the weekend. I had such a good time and Jen and Tim were awesome hosts! I would go back in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home