Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Monday, January 16, 2012

Missing Empty Boxes



Hi All!

It's Mandy again. Been a long time, but believe me, Christy is often on my mind even still.

When Christy graduated from St. Kate's in 1999 and moved into her first grown-up apartment, her friend, Jen Bender, hooked her up with some pretty sweet boxes from the bookstore. Those suckers were a perfect size and could take quite a beating because they originally contained text books. Christy held onto those puppies over the years, even when she moved to L.A., and she shared some with me in 2000 when I made my transition into adulthood. I, in turn, also saved those precious boxes to be used over and over again for my subsequent moves.

Those boxes, along with memories, also contained multiple markings from all our many transitions through life (i.e.: "books;" "fragile;" "kitchen stuff;" etc.). There was one box that Christy had decorated during a late night of last-minute packing which was particularly awesome. On it she had drawn a stick figure of herself exclaiming: "It's Me!" I loved this box. It always made me smile when I saw it.

The problem is, now I can't find it! I've looked everywhere, but there is no stick-Christy to be found :( I must have lent it to someone at some point...and what are the chances they were pack-ratty enough to have saved it? Highly unlikely. So, here I am missing a stupid, cardboard box. Craziness.

Life lesson? Life does go on after loss, but it sure can take some strange, twisty turns down memory lane;)

Miss you always, Christy.

~Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home