Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Friday, May 26, 2006

To Act Cool, To Look Cool, And To Be Cool

1) I believe that everyone has at least one movie generally regarded as horrible that they absolutely love, but are ashamed to admit. I have received a significant amount of grief about mine over the years. There are really only a few people who I’ve even told, but I have decided to reveal it here. It is. . . Grease 2. The great songs and the outlandish characters always make me smile. I find myself randomly humming Cool Rider (I want a C – O – O – L R – I – D – E – R). Just to prove that I am not the only person who has a ridiculous affinity for this movie, check out this site.

2) There’s an improv group called Improv Everywhere in New York that is unofficially related to the Upright Citizens Brigade meaning that is run by either current or former members of the group. They stage shows which are really more like humorous artistic happenings. They perform anywhere and always to an audience that is unaware they are going to see the show. There are even times when the audience never knows that the whole situation was staged. On their website they thoroughly document each of their performances and I have been reading them recently. My favorite so far is an annual event where the improv agents ride the subway with no pants. Here you can find their No Pants adventure.

3) Oh, great news! There’s a new yogabeans!!! G.I. Joe dolls doing yoga. . . does it get any better?!?!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anything related to Grease is just great with me! I liked the first one the best though! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.. Yes it does suck.. Though it's not a laughing matter, the title made me smile a teeny bit..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home