Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Monday, November 06, 2006

Platelet Spelled Backwards Is Teletalp

Today I had blood test number five in the ongoing chronicle of my low platelet count. As you may recall, a "normal" platelet count is between 150,000 and 400,000. For chemotherapy treatments, a count above 100,000 is necessary.


On October 24th, I was almost there... just a paltry 7,000 away. If only I could have reached a little further. I could have gotten my next treatment. I could have received it before the downward spiral into... into... not being allowed to receive it. I was so close and now I'm so far away. What surprises await me next Monday (or possibly Tuesday) when I take my next blood test? Stay tuned for The Rise And Fall A Little And Fall A Lot And Rise A Little of Christine's Platelets.

Why is it that I seem to spill something on my shirt when I have no opportunity to change it any time in the near future and I have lots of errands to run and people to see and I have to walk around looking like a slob because I'm 29 years old and haven't learned to eat and drink without making a mess of myself unless it's water that I'm drinking because I never seem to dribble water on myself since that wouldn't show anyway anymore once it dried? Do you have an answer for that, smart guy?

[I must be feeling a little antagonistic today.]

If you use the Google search engine and type in any of the following phrases, my blog is one of the first three sites that will be listed:
Stupid Steroids
How to Look and Act Cool
Magical Christmas Tumor

Weird, eh? And someone in Croatia accessed my blog today. Random.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger ktwinters said…

    I am always spilling on myself. My sister, a mother of two toddlers, told me that baby wipes get just about everything out of clothing on the spot. You heard that right--I am single, 30, and carry baby wipes around in my purse because I am always spilling on my shirts.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I so hear that. If I'm wearing a light colored top and am heading into work, it's inevitable that I will spill coffee on myself.

    ps. I think you should start including one bar chart every week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home