Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Request

I try to keep this blog fairly light and to see the humorous side of things, but there are times when it's just not possible. Colon cancer is a horrible and unpredictable disease (as is cancer in general).

I noticed that my blog page hits have been pretty high for the last couple of weeks despite a lack of updates on my part. I checked out my site statistics which revealed a large number of hits coming from a couple of old links on a blog about another young woman with colon cancer. Because of the dramatic increase in hits from old link, I checked out her blog. She is in the hospital and not doing very well. She is married with two young children and they have basically run out of treatment options.

Please take the time to visit Jennifer Ireland and leave a message of support for her and her family.

Thank you.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi--I am also stage 4 colon cancer. I was stage 3--3 years ago, but after surgery and 36 treatments of chemo it returned (Dec.06) to my liver and some stomach lypmh nodes. I had surgery again in December to have the cancer removed out of liver and the swelled lymph nodes removed. Of course we do not know if we got it all so I will start chemo in a couple weeks. I am also doing 28 radiation treatments. (have 9 done) Please know that saddly Jennifer Ireland has passed away this week. She was such a nice, kind friend. I am so sorry for Chris and her children and family. I hate this awful cancer! If you would like to email me do so at: sue123@twmi.rr.com
    Be well, Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home