Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Quick Update

I started a new treatment at the beginning of the month - Erbitux and Avastin, but unfortunately I developed a severe rash from the Erbitux. I had to stop the treatments and see a dermatologist and get stronger painkillers. I missed most of the last week of my classes, but I did take the finals. I haven't looked up my grades yet since I wasn't able to study due to the painkillers. It has improved a lot, but my face is still pretty red and broken out. It doesn't hurt any more though!

I'm in Wisconsin to celebrate Christmas with my extended family and will be heading to Nebraska on the first to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks. I won't have regular internet access until I get there.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Christine,
    I don't know if you are still keeping up with this blog. I found you just doing a search of colon cancer. I had stage 2 colon cancer last year. I'm glad you are getting avastin - it sounds promising. I couldn't take it unless I got into a study (not approved for stage 2 yet), but I didn't qualify for the study.

    http://www.colonclub.com/

    That is a great website for young people with colon cancer. Sorry - I don't know how to make it a hotlink.

    Best wishes,
    Kelley

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Monica Bildea said…

    I just hope you feel perfect!!!

    mbildea@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home