Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

At This Rate It'll Be May *

I had an 8am appointment this morning for treatment. Ordinarily with appointments from 7-8am, I only need 30 minutes of travel time, but from 8:30-10:00am, I give myself an hour. This morning, I left an hour before my appointment and I was 15 minutes late. Traffic was so backed up. I hate being late for appointments although they are really flexible about it in the treatment center. If it was a surgical follow-up, I could have lost my appointment. When I left the Medical Plaza at 10:30am, I expected to get home in about 30 minutes. It took almost an hour. Most of the time, I try not to let traffic get to me here in the land of the eternal traffic jam, but today it was just grating on my nerves. I was so relieved to get home!

So what are the numbers? First, I did get my dose of Avastin so that was a good bet. My INR has dropped down to 1.4 (we're aiming for 2.0) so I'll have to contact the doctor covering for Dr. W to see about changing my coumadin dose. And now the moment you've all been waiting for...

My platelet count is...
73.

If you're keeping track, it was 72 last week and 70 the week before. It is going up, but very slowly. I need to hit 100 in order to receive chemo and at this rate it'll be almost May before I can restart treatments.

For those of you who prefer a visual display, I'll bring back the bar chart next week. It should be fun. (I might have to spend some time redefining my idea of fun.)

*Written 11/14/06; Actually Posted 11/16/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home