Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Monday, November 13, 2006

Addicted To Code Blue *

I've developed a strange fascination with the Discovery Health Channel - especially the shows Code Blue and The Critical Hour which takes place in various emergency rooms/trauma centers across the country. I'd link to a website for one of them, but they don't seem to be working. I did stop watching an episode of The Critical Hour when a patient came in who had a wrench impaled through his arm. He had been driving and the car in front of him ran over the wrench and it flew up in the air. I don't know if his window was open or if it broke through the window, but somehow it was through his arm. I wish now that I would have watched the rest of the episode though because I want to know what happpened. I'm sure that they'll rerun the episode.

I received my grade today for the test I took last Wednesday and I did really well. I managed to bring my grade up to a solid A, but there is still one more test and it's worth 40 percent of our final grades in the class.

Tomorrow morning I have to go in for a blood draw. Any bets on where my platelet count will be? I think that I'm also getting a treatment of Avastin because although we have put chemotherapy on hold, Avastin is a monoclonal antibody, not a chemotherapy drug. Any bets on whether or not I'll get it? And while we're taking bets, any on where my INR will be? Stay tuned!

*Written 11/13/06; Actually Posted 11/16/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home