Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The One Where I Praise My Own Intellectual Prowess

Bright and early this morning I had an exam in US Government. I had done all the readings and taken notes in lectures, but I didn't start officially studying until last night. [This procrastination has a lot to do with not liking the couse which has a lot to do with the professor - I actually find the subject matter interesting.] Of course, I panicked when I started studying, thinking that there was no way I was going to remember all this information. The test is in essay form and is worth 30% of our final grade. We can write a paper to replace a low test score, so I kept that in the back of my mind, but I don't really want to spend my free time the next few weeks writing a research paper. Despite this, I took a "quick" break and watched Heroes, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, the Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad with my roommates. I reviewed my notes before I went to bed and then again before class this morning.

I took the test feeling like I probably hadn't prepared enough, but then I started reading the questions. I actually remembered the answers. I know the constitutional standards that must be applied to death penalty cases. I know which parts of the Bill of Rights (and the Fourteenth Amendment) were cited in the Supreme Court decision that established our constitutionally implied right to privacy. I even know the structure of the California State Legislature. I left the class feeling like I did a pretty good job on this exam. The truth will come when I get it back with a grade on Monday.

I'm tired this afternoon and I still have one more class tonight so I'm going to take a risk and take a nap. Naps are risky when you're having problems with insomnia. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Meghan said…

    Haha... that kitten in the post below is brilliant!

    I remember being so thankful when I had classes that would allow me to write papers to make up for a low test grade. What a life saver. Still, I hope your test comes back with a big A on it!

    ~ Meghan

    P.S. - I found you through the NoBloPoMo randomizer :]

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger SpiffyTurtle said…

    Oops. Does this mean God will kill a kitten?
    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home