Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

There Are Stupid Questions *

I get very frustrated in my classes (especially Economics) when students can't answer questions when the professor has just given the answer. I also get frustrated when people ask questions that have nothing to do with what we're currently discussing. I don't like it when students interrupt the professor or other students mid-sentence. I have no problem with students who don't understand something the professor says and are asking for further clarification, but otherwise I am pretty intolerant when it comes to other students wasting time in class. I had similar feeling when I was pursuing my undergraduate degree, but not to the same extent. I've become overly judgemental about the other students in my class. I think that some of it just has to do with age/maturity difference. I'm at a community college with students who basically range in age from 18-20.

There are some students in my classes who seem very intelligent, but most of them just aren't taking these classes very seriously. Considering that a large number of them are hoping to transfer into the UC and the CSU systems for four-year degrees, they should probably get their acts together.

(As a side note) Where I grew up, if you graduated from an accredited high school in the state, you were guaranteed acceptance into the state's university system. Here in California, the state schools are actually pretty competitive.

*Written 11/15/06; Actually Posted 11/16/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home