Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Latent Snobby Tendencies

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I updated. I didn't mean to leave "Radioactive Urine" at the top of my site for so long. She said "radioactive urine," heh. Okay, so enough of that.

I received the results of my ultra-exciting, ultra-fun bone scan (a couple of weeks ago) and there is no sign that the cancer has spread to the bones. Good news! It did show that there is some degeneration in my shoulders, knees and ankles. Of course there is! My doctor (internist) believes that it is reversable so I'll go through physical therapy and we'll do another nuclear bone scan in a year. My oncologist has ordered an MRI of my neck and shoulders - just as a final precaution. My internist is going to talk to my oncologist about having a bone density scan done to see if there is damage beyond those joints and if so, how extensive it is. Again, at this point it should be reversable.

I'm going to Washington DC in two weeks!

My psych professor has assigned us a "paper." I use the quotation marks because it's basically a coloring project with some questions we need to answer. All the answers come from one chapter in the text book. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is not what I would define as a paper. Although taking into consideration the other students enrolled in the course, it's probably right about the level that they can handle.

If it sounds like I'm just being a snob (not that I deny my own latent snobby tendencies), here's an example of typical behavior. There is a student in the class who has criticized the professor's lecture, mid-lecture and to the professor, because the student can't keep her notes properly organized when the professor answers questions. She needs the entire lecture to be completely linear. Well I wish her good luck when she leaves community college behind because I doubt she's going to have a lot of professors at a four-year institution who are going to organize their lecture solely to meet her needs.

Anonymous quote: "Why couldn't you get a more exciting disease?"
Now, honestly, who doesn't think that colon cancer is an exciting disease? It's got it all: deception (largely asymptomatic), intrigue (why won't my platelets go up?) and poo. She just said "poo," heh.

Here is something for all of you to enjoy... The Worst Commercial Ever!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I'm glad we can all be so in touch with our latent snobby tendencies! :)

    ps. you score extra points for using "LST" twice in one post...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home