Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Can't I Sleep A Little Longer?

I'm exhausted. I've been sleeping each night and taking naps every day, but I'm still tired. It'll be fine though as long as this passes before I head to Washington DC (9 days!).

Dr. W has ordered a bunch of blood tests for me. I'm going in Friday morning to have the blood drawn and then I meet with him on Monday so I'll get the results then. I guess that we're still eliminating possible causes for the low platelets and shoulder pain. There is also some ankle pain that I have to mention to him. He might send me back to Dr. K (my internist) to deal with that. I still haven't gotten approved for physical therapy or for a MRI of the neck. Medi-cal is being particularly slow.

I went to the Getty Museum today with my roommmate, Robert. He had never been there and I'll use any excuse to go there. We had a really good time... and the weather was great. We sat outside and had lunch. The only dissappointing part was the haze (read: smog) which obscured the fantastic views of the city.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I heart the Getty! Hope your blood draw is uneventful (as in only one try...) and that Medi-cal gets their act together. Call me when you're done tomorrow--I have the whole day off! :)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember when it opened! What a great addition to the weirdness that is LA. I lived in Malibu for 7 years and we really enjoyed going there.
    I have a friend who has been living with prostate cancer (in remission for almost 10 years) for a long time. He makes a point of visiting beautiful places and listening to beautiful music - believes it aids in the maintenance of good health. Could be, no? It's worth returning often to the place you love anyway with that in mind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home