Colon Cancer Sucks Ass

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ready Or Not, Here I Come

All that blood... vials and vials of blood that they took from me on Friday. They tested me for so many things - disorders that I'd never even heard of. The results - COMPLETELY NORMAL!!! Well, completely normal except my liver function numbers which had ultimately led to the barage of testing to which I was subjected. Those numbers still came back elevated. What now? Well, Dr W has referred me to a hepatologist (an internist who specializes in the liver) and ordered an ultrasound of my liver. Now I just wait for Medi-Cal approval (see my last post for an idea of how that is going) on those appointments.

I leave Friday morning for Washington DC! I spent about two and half hours yesterday working out how to best spend my sightseeing time. There were spreadsheets involved and approximate amount of time needed to fully appreciate each monument, museum and historical sight. I wish that I could say that I was kidding. Honestly.

I'll be meeting with my of congressional representatives on Tuesday. Please consider contacting your senators and representatives that day to ask them to increase funding for colorectal cancer research and prevention. Information about our cause can be found at C3: Colorectal Cancer Coalition.

In other news, I ran over a traffic cone today. Okay, I ran over several traffic cones today, but only one was temporarily lodged under my car (it fell out after about 100 feet). A special thank you goes out to the woman who was so important that she couldn't break for a moment to let me switch lanes, but instead needed to pass me as quickly as possible just so she could sit in line at the traffic light to make a left turn. An apology goes out to the man who had blocked my lane with the traffic cones and was standing on his truck trimming the tree. I hope I didn't startle you, but judging by the look on your face, it was just another day on the job (maybe next time you could put a sign somewhere to let us know that you've blocked our lane).

4 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger kiwidebra said…

    Sounds like the way I plan a vacation - with military precision! I hope you have a great time in DC. Just don't take wet t-shirt photos in any national monuments because you'll never win a reality TV show.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christine,

    I plan on Calling on Congress tomorrow. I have been reading your blog for a few months now and I check it daily. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for cancer patients and their families everywhere.

    Good luck tomorrow!

    Alaina

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Christine,

    I found your blog off of the jJennifer Ireland blog and just want you to know that I am "Calling on Congress" today!
    Good luck in DC and I hope things go better than expected!

    Alaina

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christine, I am also stage IV colon cancer. I was stage 3--3 years ago. If you want to chat email me: sue123@twmi.rr.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home